您現在的位置是:首頁 > 舞蹈首頁舞蹈

美澳發音區別 American & Australian Pronunciation Differences

由 英語東 發表于 舞蹈2021-08-23
簡介So you kind of do two syllables at the end here, where we just go entrepreneur or entrepreneur

美國怎麼讀英語怎麼記

影片載入中。。。

Hello! I‘m Emma from mmmEnglish and in this lesson, I found an American all the way down here in Australia and I thought that I’d use him to show you some of the pronunciation differences between Australian English and American English。

You don‘t mind if I use you, Allan?

大家好,我是Emma,歡迎來到Emma的美味英語。在本節課程中,我請來了從美國遠道而來的客人,我覺得得好好利用他一下,給大家展示澳大利亞英語和美式英語之間的區別。

我這麼利用你,你沒關係吧,阿倫?

Use away! How long have you been in Australia, Allan?

沒事兒儘管用!你來澳大利亞多久了,阿倫?

Two weeks now。 Two weeks! And what do you think of it so far?

已經兩週啦。兩週了!你到現在為止感覺怎麼樣?

It’s beautiful。 Yeah。

很美啊。是的。

Actually, this is our first rainy day but for most days it‘s been really, really nice out here in the west side。

Rainy days are good for filming actually!

其實這是我來了之後第一次下雨,但是大多數情況下天氣都挺好的,西海岸的天氣真的超棒。

其實下雨的天氣很適合拍攝呢!

Oh! That’s good, perfect day。 Hey, what‘s one weird thing that Australians say?

哦!多麼美好完美的一天。嘿,澳大利亞人說的比較奇怪的表達有什麼?

Australians say a lot of weird things with slang words。

What kinds of things have you heard that have kind of just weirded you out?

澳大利亞人說的那些帶俚語的表達都蠻奇怪的。

你聽了之後感到超級奇怪的表達有什麼呢?

Maybe if someone said, you know, “Go to the boot and get some bush chooks and we’ll crack a tinnie。” And you‘re like, “I have no idea what you’re talking about!”

可能是有人說,你懂得“去找靴子,拿點灌木雞,我們開瓶啤酒。”但是我根本就不知道你在說什麼東西啊!

Nobody knows what you‘re talking about! What he actually said was can you go to the car, the back of the car, open it, get out a can of beer and open the beer。

沒有人知道你在說什麼!他說的其實是“你可以開啟車的後備箱,拿出一罐啤酒然後開啟麼。”

Drink it。 And drink the beer。

一飲而盡。一飲而盡。

So we can drink beer。 Boot is actually not that weird, that’s just you know, you have a different name in America, right?

所以我們就可以喝啤酒了。“Boot”這個詞其實沒那麼奇怪,只是在美國說法不一樣,對吧?

We just call it a trunk。 A trunk。 The back of the car in America is called a trunk but here in Australia and in the UK too it‘s boot。

我們稱之為後備箱。後備箱。車的後部在美國稱為“trunk”後備箱,但是在美國和英國叫做“boot”。

Yes。 You also say some really weird things actually, this morning you said to me “I’m going to go and pet that horse out there。” and I was like “what?” because pet is just like an animal in Australia, like a dog or a cat。

是的。其實你也會說一些奇怪的表達,比如說今天早晨你和我說“我要去撫摸一下那邊的馬”,我當時就想“什麼鬼?”,因為“pet”在澳大利亞指的就是小動物,比如說狗狗或者貓咪。

Right, right。 But you‘re using it as a verb like you would - like we say pat, pat the animal and you say pet。

是的是的。但是你把這個詞用作動詞,比如說我們說“撫摸動物”,而你說的是“pet”。

Yeah, yeah pet。 Yeah。 Pet the animal。

是的,是“pet”。是的,撫摸動物。

But my point is that even native English speakers have, you know, sometimes we have words or even pronunciation that we don’t quite understand about each other and you have to sort of piece the puzzle together and that‘s definitely what we’ve been doing the last few days, right?

Since I met you。 Definitely。

但是我的重點是即便是英語母語者,有時候我們也不理解對方說的一些單詞或者是表達,你得把那些謎團給拼湊起來,我們過去幾天一直在那麼做,是吧?

從我遇到你那天開始。確實是。

Piecing it together。 Yeah right, piecing it together。

拼湊起來。是的,都給拼湊起來。

Figuring it out。 I‘m going to, I’ve got some words actually written down here that I want to, I want to test your pronunciation on because I think that the way that you say these words is quite different to the way that we say them here in Australia。

搞清楚。我這裡寫了一些單詞想用來測試一下你的發音,因為我覺得你說這些單詞的方式和我們在澳大利亞說它們的方式完全不一樣。

So I want to test that out and I want to demonstrate to you guys what that actually, what it looks like or what it sounds like。

The different - the difference between the American accent and the Australian accent。 So the first one is this one, Allan。

我想測試一下,也給大家看這些單詞看起來聽起來到底是怎麼樣的。

美式口音和澳大利亞口音之間的區別。這是第一個,阿倫。

How do you say this? That‘s hot。

你會怎麼念這個單詞呢?熱。

Hot。 Hot。 OK, so we would say hot。

熱。熱。好的,我們說的是熱。

So more like oh rather than ah。

Yeah so it’s a little bit different - that‘s an easy one to start with。

更像是“oh”的音,而不是“ah”的音。

是的,有點點不同,這個單詞比較簡單。

What about this one? Going to be very different。 We say car。

這個呢?肯定非常不一樣。我們說的是“汽車”。

This one, car。 Car。

這個,汽車。汽車。

Car。 So the main difference there is that Allan pronounces the ’r‘ at the end of this word。

汽車。主要的不同就是阿倫會把單詞結尾的“r”音給發出來。

You say car。 We use the ’r‘, yes。

你說的是“汽車”。我們會發“r”音,是的。

And we just dropped that ’r‘ sound, it’s kind of silent。 It‘s just ah。 Car。

我們把“r”音給省略了,這個音不發。就只是“ah”而已。汽車。

Yeah! That’s like, that‘s proper Australian accent。 Car。 All right, what about this one?

是的!那就是標準澳大利亞發音,汽車。好的,那這個呢?

Bottle。 Bottle。

瓶子。瓶子。

Bottle。 Now the way that I say bottle is - with T’s。

瓶子。我說瓶子的方式是——會把T給發出來。

Yeah, but it‘s not, actually, lots of Australians have the same pronunciation of these two T’s like, like you do and often I say bottle as well。

So you instead of pronouncing that T, it‘s like a ’d‘ sound, like a lazy D sound。 Bottle。

是的,但是其實很多澳大利亞人這兩個T的發音是一樣的,就像你剛才發的那樣,我有時候也會說“瓶子”。

發的不是“t”的音,而是“d”的音,懶懶的“d”音,瓶子。

Bottle。 Yeah。 Bottle。

瓶子。是的,瓶子。

Bottle。 Yeah, that’s pretty good, it‘s pretty close。

But that’s one similarity between the Australian accent and the American accent - is this double T or even just a single T in the middle of words like a bottle of water。

瓶子。是的,很好很好,很接近了。

但是澳大利亞口音和美式口音有一個相似之處,那就是單詞中間兩個t或者只有一個t的時候。

A bottle of water。 Yeah, like someone from the UK would say a bottle of water - in a better accent than me。

一瓶水。是的,比如說來自於英國的人就會說一瓶水——當然他們的發音比我好。

OK, how about this one? Burger。

好的,那這個呢?漢堡。

I think the way he says this is hilarious! We say burger but you pronounce this ‘u’ in a different way。

我覺得他發音的方式超級好笑!我們說的是漢堡,但是你發“u”的方式非常不一樣。

Burger。 Yes。

漢堡。是的。

Bur- Burger。 Burger。 And I just say burger。 OK!

漢—漢堡。漢堡。我說的是漢堡。好的!

Sometimes we‘d drop the ’a‘ there, we’ll say garage。 Garage? Oh, like that‘s really, really soft。

有時候我們會省略“a”,我們會說“車庫”。車庫?哦,這個真的聽起來很溫柔呢。

Yeah, sometimes it’s garage, or sometimes it‘s just garage。

So the main difference between the American and the Australian or the UK British accent pronunciation of this word is that we would put the stress on the first syllable and we would say ga-rage, garage。

是的,有時候是“車庫”,有時候就只是“車庫”。

美式英語和澳大利亞英語或者是英式英語在這個單詞上發音的主要區別就是我們會把重音放在第一個音節上,我們說的是車庫,車庫。

And you would say garage, so the stress pattern is different for this word。 Garage。

你說的是“車庫”,所以這個單詞的重音結構完全不同。車庫。

Garage。 OK。

車庫。好的。

Bought。 That is not how you say that!

買。你不是這麼說的!

Bought。 Yes。

買。是的。

Bought。 It’s pretty similar! Bought。 Bought。

買。非常相似!買。買。

Yeah, it‘s pretty similar。 Bought。

是的,很相似。買。

What about this one, then? Daughter。

那這個呢?女兒。

Daughter。 Daughter。

女兒。女兒。

Daughter or daughter。 That’s another good example of that ‘t’。 Daughter。

女兒或者是女兒。那是“t”的另一個例子。女兒。

How about this one? Aunt。 Or aunt。

那這個呢?阿姨。或者是阿姨。

But it‘s mostly, I think you hear people say aunt more。 Aunt。

但是大多數情況下,你會聽到大家說“阿姨”更多。阿姨。

We say aunt。 Aunt。 My auntie。 Do you say auntie?

No, we just say aunt。 We don’t really use auntie as much。

我們說的是阿姨。阿姨。我的阿姨。你會說阿姨嗎?

不,我們只說阿姨。我們不怎麼說阿姨。

OK, so that‘s quite different! Aunt and aunt。 How about this one?

好的,真的很不一樣!阿姨和阿姨。那這個呢?

Entreprenuer。 OK, so the main difference there is in this last couple of syllables。 We say entrepreneur。

企業家。好的,這個單詞主要的不同就是最後幾個音節。我們說的是“企業家”。

Oh really? Entrepreneur。

真的嗎?企業家。

Yeah。 Now I don’t even know how to say it! Entrepreneur。

是的。現在我都快不知道該怎麼發音了!企業家。

So you kind of do two syllables at the end here, where we just go entrepreneur or entrepreneur。 Entrepreneur。

你好像是把結尾的兩個音都給發出來的,但是我們說的就是“企業家”或者是“企業家”。企業家。

Entrepreneur。 That‘s a weird word。 Entrepreneur。

企業家。這個單詞好奇怪。企業家。

What about。 。 。 this is kind of related, this word。 Yeah。 There’s niche or niche。

那麼……這個相似的,這個單詞。是的。是合適的工作。

What do you say? I say niche, but maybe I‘ve been saying it wrong for a while, but I think people say niche though。

你怎麼說?我說的是“合適的工作”,但是我可能說的不對吧,但是我覺得大家說的是“合適的工作”。

It’s your niche。 Everyone, lots of people in America say niche, but everyone outside of America says niche。

你說的是“合適的工作”。美國人說的都是“合適的工作”,但是除此之外的其他人說的都是“合適的工作”。

Is that true? Did you have to look that up?

是吧?你是不是得查一下?

No, that‘s true! I want to make sure I’m not the only one here。

是真的!我得保證我不是唯一一個這麼說的。

It‘s not just you! Lots of Americans say niche and add a ’t‘ sound in there, but the rest of the world, the rest of the English-speaking world, says niche。

Find your niche。

不只是你啦!很多美國人說的都是“合適的職業”,會加上一個“t”,但是其他的說英語國家的人說的都是“合適的職業”。

找到合適你的職業。

Interesting, very interesting。 OK。

很有趣,非常有趣。好的。

Caramel。 Sorry, what?

焦糖。不好意思,啥?

Caramel。 We’ll say caramel, caramel apple!

焦糖。好的,我們說的是焦糖,焦糖蘋果!

Caramel, caramel apple! Yeah。 Caramel。

焦糖,焦糖蘋果!是的。焦糖。

Yes, it‘s very different。 Caramel。

是的,非常不一樣。焦糖。

And I don’t know why it‘s caramel, but it’s caramel or people will say it both ways。 It‘s caramel or caramel。

我不知道為什麼是焦糖,但是就是焦糖,或者是這兩種方式大家都會說。可以是焦糖,或者是焦糖。

Yeah, and even then, - caramel - if you say caramel, you put like a stronger stress on this third syllable, don’t you? Caramel。

是的,甚至 - 焦糖 - 如果你說焦糖的話,你會把重音放在第三個音節上,是吧?焦糖。

Yeah -mel。 Caramel。 OK, this one。

是的,-mel。焦糖。好的,這一個。

Mobile。 Mobile。

可移動的。手機。

Mobile。 Mobile。

手機。手機。

Very different。 It‘s quite different。 But this is like - - you say it correctly。

非常不一樣。真的很不一樣。但是這個——你說的是對的。

You would normally, you would normally say just cell phone, right? Yeah, we say cell phone。

你們一般會說手機是吧?是的,我們說的是手機。

When do you use this word? Like a mobile home, like to move things。

你們什麼時候使用這個單詞呢?比如說移動房子,移動東西。

Yeah, not like a phone? Right。

是的,不是指手機對吧?是的。

Right, because we would use this for a phone。

Even, well, actually, I jumped in the ocean with my mobile。

好的,因為我們會用這個單詞指手機。

甚至是,其實我帶著手機跳進了海里。

You did too! And I went to look for cell phones and it’s like in Australia it‘s not really, they just always use mobile phones, so I was searching for what’s the best cell phone plan and it‘s not how they say it。

你也會說啊!我想找手機,但是在澳大利亞大家說的都是行動電話,所以我在找最好的手機,但是大家並不這麼說。

Oh like you were Google-ing that? Yeah yeah。

But if you said that to someone here though, they’d know exactly what you were talking about。

比如說你在谷歌一下?是的是的。

但是如果你和這裡的人說的話,他們完全知道你在說什麼。

Cell phone, mobile phone。 Right, right。

手機,行動電話。對對。

But if you did say mobile or what do you say? Mobile? Mobile。

但是如果你說“mobile”這個單詞的話,你會怎麼說呢?手機?手機。

Mobile。 They‘d be like ’what? ‘。 Actually, that’s like the petrol company。

Yeah, we don‘t use petrol either, we call it gas。

手機。他們會想“啥”?其實那好像是一家汽油公司吧。

是的,我們也不會說“petrol”,我們會說“汽油”。

It’s just gas or gasoline。

So these are like loads of vocabulary differences between American and Australian English。

我們說“gas”或者是“gasoline”(汽油)。

美式英語和澳大利亞英語有很多詞彙差異。

We‘re trying to focus on pronunciation but there’s a whole other lesson in vocabulary for sure! OK, what about this one? This one is one of my favorites!

我們想要專攻發音,但是當然還有其他的單詞課程啦!

好的,那這個呢?這個是我最喜歡的其中之一!

It‘s very simply said。 Aluminium。

Aluminium is what we say, but actually when I when I looked this up, you guys spell it differently -

這個很簡單。

鋁。我們說的是鋁,但是我查這個單詞的時候,發現你們的拼寫也不一樣——

- That’s why! Because I‘m looking at it, I’m like I don‘t think that’s how we spell it, right。

You actually have changed the spelling so instead of aluminium, aluminium。

——是的!因為我在看這個單詞的時候,感覺我們好像不是這麼拼的呢。

你改變了拼寫方式,不是“鋁”,而是“鋁”。

You, you just write it aluminum。 Is that right? Aluminum。

你剛剛寫的是“鋁”,對吧?鋁。

Yeah。 Yeah。

是的。是的。

Aluminum。 Just the -um at the end。

鋁。結尾是-um。

Stop knocking that plant! Hey, buddy!

不要再碰那盆植物了!兄弟!

OK, how about this? Leisure。

那這個呢!休閒。

Leisure。 Leisure。

休閒。休閒。

Leisure。 But I can see why leisure, that would make probably makes more sense but American pronunciation, leisure, with the ‘r’ and Australian pronunciation, leisure, bit lazier。

休閒。但是我大家知道為什麼“休閒”講得通,美式英語“休閒”會把“r”音給發出來,澳大利亞發音“休閒”就有點點懶懶的。

Turmeric。 Turmeric。

薑黃。薑黃。

Yeah, turmeric。 Here, turmeric。

是的,薑黃。薑黃。

Yeah, yeah。 This is like - maybe I‘m wrong but I think I’ve called it turmeric for all that I can remember。

是的。可能我錯了,但是我記得應該是薑黃。

Don‘t doubt yourself that’s just totally how you - Try not to doubt myself。

不要懷疑自己,你就是那麼——不要懷疑自己。

Don‘t doubt yourself in everything you’ve known for thirty years! Yeah yeah。

不要懷疑你這三十年深信不疑的事情!是的是的。

But this is the spice, the yellow spice that‘s used a lot in Indian cooking and Malaysian cooking。 Very, very tasty, delicious spice。

So are you kind of surprised by how many differences there are or did you already know about a lot of those differences between American and Australian English?

但是這是一種香料,黃色的香料,在印度和馬來西亞烹飪中經常用到,非常非常好吃,很美味的香料。

看到這麼多不同你感到驚訝嗎,還是你已經知道了很多美式英語和澳大利亞英語之間的區別?

I think I get surprised by something almost every day!

That you’re here! Yeah, it‘s still very new for you, isn’t it?

我覺得我每天都會因為某些事情感到驚訝!

因為你在這裡啊!是的,對你而言還是很新鮮的,對吧?

Yeah, It‘s just pronunciation, it is very different。 Yes。 Yeah, yeah。

是的,只是發音而已,非常不同。是的。是的呢。

But it’s fun! Yeah? Do you find the Australian accent easy to understand or is it sometimes quite difficult?

但是很有趣呢!是的吧?你覺得澳大利亞口音很容易理解還是有時候還蠻難的啊?

I think for the most part you can understand it。

There‘s just, there’s that I think the more harder things in Australia is like using different words for different meanings。 Different vocabulary, slang words and stuff like that。 Yes definitely。

我覺得大部分你都可以理解。

我覺得澳大利亞這邊難一點的是會用不同的單詞來表示不同的意思。不同的詞彙還有俚語啥的。是的。

Alright, well, if you would like to watch any more videos about the difference between American English, Australian English, British English, I want you to go and check out these two here that I‘ve just right on top of Allan right now。

Sorry about that Allan but can you just hold these videos for me? Right here。

好的,如果你想要觀看更多關於美式英語、澳大利亞英語和英式英語之間的區別的話,大家可以觀看一下這兩節課程,就在阿倫的頭頂上。

不好意思阿倫,你能幫我舉一下這兩個影片嗎?就在這裡。

Yeah。 Thank you that’s perfect! If you would like to watch more of these videos and get updates when I release new videos, make sure that you subscribe to my channel by clicking this red button here and I will see you in the next lesson。

是的。謝謝你,太棒啦!如果你想觀看更多影片,當我釋出新的影片的時候獲取更新的話,記得一定要訂閱我的頻道,點選紅色按鈕就可以,下節課我們再見。

Thanks for joining us and thanks Allan!

Well, you‘re very welcome!

謝謝加入我們,謝謝阿倫!不客氣啦!

Thank you for having me。

Bye for now!

謝謝邀請我。

再見啦!